Supplier Code of Conduct
Ingredion Incorporated is an innovative, customer-focused company that has built a reputation for providing the highest quality ingredients to our customers. We expect our suppliers to share the core values that reflect our principles and business practices. Our core values are: Care First, Be Preferred, Everyone Belongs, Innovate Boldly, and Owner’s Mindset. The Supplier Code of Conduct (SCC) is a supporting code to the Ingredion Code of Conduct. Suppliers are expected to take note of, and adhere to, both the Ingredion Code of Conduct and this code.
- Labor and Human Rights: protect the human rights of employees and to treat them with dignity and respect.
- Safety and Health: provide a safe and healthy working environment.
- Quality: meet generally recognized and/or contractually agreed quality requirements in order to provide goods and services that consistently meet Ingredion’s needs, perform as warranted and are safe for their intended use.
- Business Ethics and Integrity: adherence to the highest standards of ethical conduct and compliance with law.
- Environmental Stewardship: conduct operations in a way that minimizes the impact on natural resources and protects the environment.
- Confidentiality: protect Ingredion’s confidential information including its intellectual property, trade secrets or other proprietary information in supplier’s possession.
- Monitoring and Compliance: suppliers should implement the appropriate compliance programs to ensure adherence to this Supplier Code of Conduct
At Ingredion, we created this Supplier Code of Conduct to clarify the principles and expectations for suppliers doing business with us. We expect our suppliers to share the principles which are expressed in this SCC, which are an important part of our supplier selection and evaluation process. The Ingredion SCC applies to suppliers, their affiliated entities, supplier personnel, subcontractors and others with whom suppliers do business (“suppliers”) and it is the supplier’s responsibility to ensure that the SCC is appropriately communicated.